METRO is governed by a 12-member Board of Trustees. The Board meets monthly at 9:00 a.m. (except for December). Committee meetings begin at 8 a.m. Meetings are held at 416 Kenmore Blvd*., Akron. The Board may not meet in November or December.
Monthly board packets will be posted below, or you can find them on our downloads page.
2018 Board Meeting Dates:
- Tuesday, January 2, 2018 NOON Special Meeting to Discuss a Personnel Matter
- Tuesday, January 23, 2018 NOON Special Meeting to Discuss a Personnel Matter
- Friday, January 26, 2018 3 p.m. Special Meeting to Discuss a Personnel Matter
- Tuesday, January 30, 2018 9 a.m. - January Board Packet
- Tuesday, February 27, 2018 9 a.m. - February Board Packet
- Tuesday, March 27, 2018 9 a.m. - March Board Packet
- Tuesday, April 24, 2018 9 a.m. - April Board Packet
- Wednesday, May 23, 2018 2:30 p.m. FINANCE Committee
- Tuesday, May 29, 2018 9 a.m. May Board Packet
- Tuesday, June 26, 2018 9 a.m. June Board Packet
- Tuesday, July 31, 2018 Meeting to be held at METRO's Transit Center at 631 South Broadway 9 a.m.
- Tuesday, August 28, 2018 9 a.m.
- Tuesday, September 25, 2018 9 a.m.
- Tuesday, October 30, 2018 9 a.m.
- Tuesday, November 27, 2018 9 a.m.
- Tuesday, December 18, 2018 9 a.m.
These meetings are open to the public. If you would like to voice a comment or concern, you must notify METRO prior to the meeting.
Persons wishing to address the Board may take two (2) minutes to speak on any given topic on the agenda. Anyone desiring more time than provided should notify the Board Secretary-Treasurer by the Tuesday preceding the Board meeting. He or she may then be placed on the agenda for a maximum of five (5) minutes.
*Meetings may be held at the Robert K Pfaff Transit Center on occasion. The location will be noted next to the date.
Current METRO Board Members
- Mr. Robert DeJournett – Board President
- Mr. Nicholas Fernandez - Board Vice President
- Mr. Donald Christian
- Mr. Mark Derrig
- Ms. Louise Gissendaner
- Ms. Renee Greene
- Mr. Jack Hefner
- Mr. Stephan Kremer
- Ms. Heather Heslop Licata
- Mr. David Prentice
- Mr. Charles Rector
- Mr. Gary W. Spring