METRO Regional Transit Authority has established a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise program in accordance with regulation of the US Department of Transportation, 49 CFR Part 26. METRO has established an overall DBE goal of 1% with a race-neutral goal of 100% for the years of 2021-2023.
It is the policy of the METRO Regional Transit Authority to ensure that DBEs, as defined in 49 CFR Part 26, have an equal opportunity to receive and participate in DOT-assisted contracts.
It is also the policy of the METRO Regional Transit Authority to comply with all parts of 49 CFR Part 26 to accomplish the following objectives:
- to ensure nondiscrimination in the award
- to create a level playing field on which DBEs can compete fairly for DOT-assisted contracts
- to ensure that the DBE program is narrowly tailored in accordance with applicable law
- to ensure that only firms that fully meet 49 CFR Part 26 eligibility standards are permitted to participate as DBEs
- to help remove barriers to the participation of DBEs in DOT-assisted contracts
- to assist the development of firms that can compete successfully in the marketplace outside the DBE program
METRO has issued a policy statement which expresses its commitment to use DBEs in all aspects of contracting. Various levels of responsibility are outlined, and objectives of the program are described. This policy statement is circulated throughout the organization and to minority, non-minority, and women-owned community and business organizations.
To register for METRO's bidders list, please fill out a DBE Contact Information Form and mail it to: METRO RTA, Attn: Lori Stokes, DBE Liaison Officer 416 Kenmore Blvd. Akron, OH 44301; fax it to 330-564-5033; or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, contact Lori Stokes at 330-564-2247.