METRO needs your help to drive forward!
It’s time for change. Passengers’ travel patterns are shifting and our overall ridership is slipping. METRO's Board has asked for an analysis of our bus system. We're holding tons of public meetings to gather your input on how we change and expand bus service over the next few years.
Public Outreach for September 2017 has been scheduled!
Check the meetings link below for dates, times, and locations. METRO staff will be collecting input from our passengers on the future needs of the bus network. We are looking for detailed input about where the current service works, where it doesn’t, where frequency should increase, what routes should have later service, and what connections could be improved --- and any other input you’d like to provide! You are key to how our service will change. We need your ideas to drive our solutions. The feedback you’ve given us so far is greatly appreciated.
Can't make a meeting? Don't worry. You can reach our Planning Department here. Or, fill out a survey if you didn't have time to fill out the meeting worksheet. :)
Click the icons below for more information.
- March 2016 - Project kick-off, Guiding Principles developed
- April 2016 - First round of public meetings, introducing project & Guiding Principles
- April/May 2016 - Analysis begun, initial service proposal developed; Option 1
- June 2016 - Second round of public meetings sharing Option 1 & gathering feedback
- June/Sept. 2016 - Analysis continued, Option 1 refined based on feedback
- May 2017 - On May 25, 2017, METRO met with nearly 30 public entities, social service agencies, businesses, universities, and more to discuss the future needs of METRO’s bus service. The meeting summary and the presentation can be found here.
We originally planned to implement the selected plan in August 2017. However, we've decided to develop a few additional options for what our bus network should look like in the future. We will be holding additional stakeholder and public meetings in the coming weeks to make sure we are doing as much as we can to address the transportation needs of our region. Gathering additional feedback takes time. August 2019 is our new target to begin rolling out any major changes.