Monday, September 30, 2019 1:02:00 PM
METRO RTA will observe Try Transit Week on Monday, October 14, 2019 through Friday, October 18, 2019. The goal of the campaign is to spread awareness about the benefits of public transportation and encourage people to try riding the bus.
“METRO RTA delivers vital transportation services in our community providing equitable mobility options that help people get to work, school, medical appointments, shopping centers, and more every day,” said METRO Executive Director Dawn Distler. “Try Transit Week is a great time for people to experience the benefits of taking public transportation and also understand how this investment benefits the community. We challenge you to grab your co-workers, friends or family members, and take the bus to grab a bite to eat or to a social event during Try Transit Week.”
Throughout the week, METRO will promote transit tips and trips, daily giveaways on social media, and events with community partners. Themes for each day of the week are:
- Monday: Try mobile ticketing. The EZfare mobile ticketing app will be available on all METRO services beginning Monday, October 14, 2019. Passengers will be able to purchase their bus pass on their mobile device and show the pass to the bus operator upon boarding.
- Tuesday: Try the DASH to lunch with The Devil Strip. Board the free DASH at Mill & Summit streets at noon and head downtown to Diamond Deli.
- Wednesday: Try METRO for free and stop by the METRO-Conxus Job Fair from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Robert K. Pfaff Transit Center, 631 S. Broadway St. Free fares will be valid on all METRO services on Wednesday, October 16, 2019.
- Thursday: Try riding METRO to Happy Hour with The Devil Strip. Meet outside Walgreens in Highland Square at 5 p.m. and take the Route #1 downtown for Third Thursday.
- Friday: Try METRO’s new system map and schedules. METRO will debut its new system map on Friday, October 18, 2019, and give passengers a sneak peek of its newly redesigned schedules that will be available in Winter 2020.
METRO encourages Summit County to take the pledge to ride public transportation during Try Transit Week. See you on the bus!