A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A METRO BUS OPERATOR
Bus operators are the faces of METRO. As such, operators must be safety-oriented and provide a high level of customer service to all passengers. Day-to-day operations include, but are not limited to:
- Operating METRO vehicles, as assigned, to pick-up and discharge passengers using fixed-route or demand response services (such as SCAT). The SCAT program requires operators to provide exceptional safety and courteous transportation for older adults and persons with disabilities.
- Assisting passengers with mobility devices in boarding and exiting the bus via the lift or ramp, and securing the mobility device using the onboard securement system.
- Collecting applicable fare from passengers.
- Responding to passenger inquiries and providing schedule information.
- Conducting pre-trip inspections of the coach and maintaining related logs for safety. If a maintenance issue arises, the operator is responsible for reporting the issue to Dispatch in a timely manner.
- Reporting accidents or incidents to Dispatch and following established procedures in emergency situations.
Applications can be sent via:
Mail – 416 Kenmore Blvd. Akron, Ohio 44301
Email – HRrecruits@akronmetro.org
Fax – 330.594.5033