Tuesday, February 04, 2020 4:04:00 PM
On February 14, 2020, METRO Regional Transit Authority will be promoting Ohio Loves Transit Day, a statewide initiative to celebrate public transportation in Ohio. The purpose of this day is to promote the need for transit and demonstrate how investing in transit benefits our communities.
All METRO services will be free on Friday, February 14, including SCAT, Call-A-Bus, and Northcoast Express.
This year, METRO has partnered with Downtown Akron Partnership and local businesses to offer a free* treat to passengers who show their Ohio Loves Transit button to one of the participating businesses on February 14th (*while supplies last, limit one item per person). Buttons will be available on DASH buses on February 14th. Participating businesses are:
- Akron Coffee Roasters, 30 N. High St.: Valid for one cup of coffee
- Chameleon Cafe, 23 S Main St.: Valid for one heart cookie
- Chill, 30 N. Main St.: Valid for one, single scoop ice cream cone of “Just A Bus From Akron” flavor
- Hamad’s, 121 S. Main St. Suite #101: Valid for one cookie
- Peanut Shoppe, 203 S. Main St.: Valid for one bag of peanuts
- Stray Dog Cafe, 75 S. Main St.: Valid for jumbo chocolate chip cookie or cup of hot chocolate
- Subway, 10 N. Main St. & 348 S. Main St.: Valid for one cookie
- Sweet Mary’s Bakery, 76 E Mill St.: Valid for one Ohio Loves Transit cookie
During the week of Valentine’s Day, METRO will be out and about in the community distributing valentines to riders. And if you ride public transit on February 14th, we want to know! Use #OhioLovesTransit to share photos and show public transit some love.